When I asked “what is it we most need to know at this time?”, a list began of all of the original lessons we have learned, so I guess it’s time to go back to basics. Fundamental is called that for a reason (or it could also mean fun-da-mental: have more fun to lighten up our minds!)
1. You know that squirrelly, unsettled feeling inside like you have had too much caffeine? It is just the external clatter meeting your internal life force. Do not live from this clamorous intersection; go deeper. Breathe yourself calmer to the place where the wavelengths are long and profound. Start now, because this practice takes a lifetime. The sooner you get this one, the sooner you will find peace. It’s in there; breathe for it.
2. Stop shouting to be heard. All you need do is recognize yourself and the recognition will come; but then you won’t need it because you found it on the journey. A bit like Dorothy and the no need to search any further than her own back yard thing.
3. When you point a finger, there are three pointing back at you. It is not about them, it is about you – so hear what you are saying about them and stop it - then love it inside of you and they will no longer need to show up to show you. Get it?
4. There is no such thing as lack. Just resistance to the flow caused by our innate desire to manipulate things to prove to ourselves that we are capable captains. Shut up, get your boat in the river and let it take you. Better yet, skinny dip. No need for oars, they just tempt you to paddle the wrong way. How can we experience limitless, abundant flow if we are standing on the riverbanks worrying, afraid and pointing?
5. Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. (Some adages are best unaltered from their original form.)
6. If it is bugging the crap out of you, stop it. Rest. Go another direction. You know, the path of least resistance thing.
7. Laugh as much as you can, whenever you can, however you can – and most especially – at yourself. Buddha reminds us how important it is to lighten up. After all, it is pretty funny...
8. If it is broken, ask yourself if it really needs fixing or if it is just as beautiful in its new form. If it truly isn’t, see #5.
9. Kindness is one of the most beautiful words ever. Practice on yourself first (it’s like the oxygen mask on the plane thing).
10. Talk less and listen more. Your second grade teacher was right.
11. Your body knows. Pay attention.
12. This beautiful, amazing life is a giant, extraordinary smorgasbord, a playground and candy store and library and forest and science lab and university all combined, and more! How could you ever be bored? Decide to be thirsty to experience the fullness of life. Check every box. If you haven’t looked in a telescope or microscope or snorkeled or hiked or bird watched or gone to a symphony, it is time.
13. If something unjust stirs you, contribute to the cause to improve it. This is evolution. It is an important part of the flow of the river thing. See #4.
14. Feel the fullness of the feeling so that it can teach you, and then let it go so that it doesn’t become you. There is more to come. You are far greater than this.
15. If you get sick, love yourself back. If it’s another, hold the space of love for them to love themselves back. Wobbles are wobbles no matter how small (or large). Loving kindness matters.
16. Animals are sentient too. Let them teach you. We got the dominion concept wrong years ago and it is time to put it right. Not just some of them; all of them. Snakes and squirrels and skunks too.
17. Be as aware about as much as you can in order to make the best choices, all the while remaining detached (so you don't hurt yourself).
18. Honour Mother Earth and all that she does for you. There’s no place like home.
19. Eat, pray, buy and love locally. You are your community.
20. Hold the light of divine perfection for our world that we may return to our original blueprint of Eden. It is time to stop blaming it on apples, snakes and women, and realize that those three contain the answers!
21. You know how energy can’t be erased, it can only be changed? Use the sacred gift of the violet flame of transmutation every day to transform all of the old crap we have created so all that remains is the best and the greatest. (If you can’t be specific, just put the whole thing in there.)
22. Remember, that even though it sometimes looks, feels, sounds, tastes and smells otherwise - love is all there is. Your greatest defense and offense, action and reaction, fight and flight, cause, code and mantra is love.
P.S. The life purpose everyone seeks is found in the above list.
With love and deep affection from the shared classroom of life,
We Are All the Council of Light
© 2017 Rebecca Couch, Dean Noblett and HeartLight ~ Living from the Heart. www.heartlight.ca - www.deannoblett.com/
Copies of this message may be made for non-commercial purposes through distribution in any media as long as nothing is changed, the author is credited and this copyright notice and web address is included. Publications and websites interested in carrying this information as monthly columns or special features are encouraged to do so. If the material must be shortened in length, please state that it is an edited version and refer the readers to the original full-length version on www.heartlight.ca or www.spiritlibrary.com