I’ve just arrived home from a successful I Can Do It conference in Tampa where we had 3000 people together in one place listening and learning about everything from self-care strategies and the joy of menopause, to cutting edge energy healing therapies and the current research on brain science and health.
We also shared the convention center with Tampa auditions for America’s Got Talent. Each day, crowds of people would line up carrying guitars, batons, pompoms, wearing massive high heels, or parading around with puppets. You name it, we saw it and it was fun .
One of our crew – Ibis Kaba – the Hay House Cruise producer, happened to walk by a security guard who asked if she had any talent. “As a matter of fact, I do,” she replied. “I happen to be a pretty good singer.” Ibis honors her gift.
Upon hearing this response, the security guard encouraged Ibis to audition. “If you step right up to the desk and fill out an application,” he explained, “I’ll get you in so you won’t have to wait in line.”
Always one for a challenge, Ibis marched up to the desk, filled out the application, and quickly entered the audition room. A short while later she emerged with an invitation to return for the next round!
What’s the moral of this story?
- Learn to recognize Life’s invitations.
- When Life opens a door right in front of you, walk through.
- Sometimes it’s best to act first and think later.
- If you have your back when taking a risk, you can pretty much try anything. Don’t terrorize yourself with criticism after doing something daring. Behave in a way that reinforces your commitment to be a cheerleader for your soul. Honor your gift.
- When Life hands you an audition, give it EVERYTHING you’ve got.
Stay tuned to see how Ibis does in the next round. As far as I’m concerned, though, she’s already a winner. A gal with guts gets my vote every time. Go Ibis!!!!
Take Action Challenge
This week, be on the lookout for those open doors…
This week’s video is an extraordinary moment of beauty sent to me by several people. You can find it here. Thank you all so much!