You’re not alone if you’re thinking about, or already are:
- Starting your own business
- Changing your circle of friends
- Improving your diet, exercise, or other lifestyle routines
- Changing careers
- Starting school
While change always has the potential to bring us blessings, it can also be stressful – especially if you’re unsure what’s next for you. For the past two years, I’ve been hearing from people worldwide who want to move to a new location…but they don’t know where. I’m also talking with people who want to change careers, but they’re unsure whether their dream of self-employment will support them.
It can feel scary to change your life when you’re unsure what the future brings. Sometimes it feels safer to stick with what you know. And that can also be a healthy approach. After all, the stress of making changes can affect your emotional, physical, and financial health. And sometimes circumstances push you to make changes before you feel prepared.
Here are some healthful and effective approaches to making changes:
- Get Support. Trying to make major life decisions on your own can feel even more stressful. So you’ll want supportive people who can encourage you and give you another viewpoint. Counselors, professional life coaches, and 12-Step support groups offer safe environments for you to express your feelings, and get supportive feedback. You can also watch my online video course called How to Start and Grow Your Spiritually Based Business, which is only $11 for instant download or viewing at EarthAngel.com.
- Try On Your Future. Just like trying on a clothing outfit before purchasing it, you can “try on your future” by imagining what it feels like to be in the new situation. Take the time to close your eyes, and imagine that each alternative that you’re considering is a reality right now. How does that feel for you? Of course, reality often differs from what we imagine. But visualizing the future can help us get in touch with our feelings about the changes, so that we can process them.
- Call Upon Archangel Michael. I love to call upon God and Archangel Michael when considering changes. The Archangel Michael is God’s right-hand angel who gives us courage, confidence, and support. Michael also gives clear guidance about God’s will for each of us, about the next step to take.
Here’s a prayer you can say as you’re falling asleep to summon guidance from Archangel Michael. When you use this prayer, as I have, you will awaken with fresh confidence and clarity:
“Dear God and Archangel Michael,
Thank you for clearly guiding my actions so that my path is smooth and safe.
Please help me to know the best direction to go, and give me the confidence and support that I need to successfully make these changes. I now give all cares, worries, and confusion to You, and release any attachment to outcome. I have faith that if I follow my inner path of divine love, I will be safe and supported every step of the way.”
After you say this prayer, you’ll begin to receive Divine guidance in the form of repetitive ideas, feelings, visions, or signs. If you’re unsure if these messages are Divinely inspired or not, pray for God to give you clarity. Remember that divine guidance focuses upon the present moment, not the future. So you will be given inner instructions about action steps to take right now. After you complete that action step, you’ll receive the next set of divine instructions, and so forth.
Any time that you feel stuck, it’s a sign that you’re ignoring your inner wisdom to take positive action. That happens to everyone occasionally. It’s the ego not wanting us to be happy or feel safe. Follow the path of divine love, and you’ll be on God’s path of true fulfillment and genuine lasting happiness.